Tapping Myanmar’s Opportunities to Export into the U.S. Market
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
9 am to 12:30 pm in the Third Floor Meeting Room UMFCCI Office Tower – Yangon, Myanmar
This seminar will focus on “Increasing Myanmar’s Exports to the U.S. Market, including through the U.S. Generalized System of Preferences (GSP)” and “What Myanmar’s Exporters Need to Know about U.S. Import Requirements.” The seminar is co-sponsored by the Republic of the Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce & Industry (UMFCCI) and Sandler Trade LLC (Washington, D.C. USA).
UMFCCI Joint Secretary General Daw Khine Khine Nwe will provide opening remarks. Marideth Sandler, Sandler Trade LLC CEO (http://sandlertrade.com) and former Executive Director of the U.S. GSP will conduct the session. Attendees will learn:
- Products of greatest opportunity for export into the U.S., based on Myanmar’s production and export profile.
- The U.S. GSP and how to use its benefits.
- The 5,000 products eligible for duty-free treatment into the U.S. market from Myanmar, when approved as a U.S. GSP beneficiary.
- The 1,400 different products that Myanmar will be able to export duty-free into the U.S. that Thailand and most other ASEAN countries cannot.
- The wide range of U.S. customs, food, consumer safety, and other import regulations that Myanmar’s exporters will want to know as they plan for and begin exporting into the U.S. market.
- The ways Myanmar’s exporters can find U.S. importers that match producers’ production capacity and price points.