We are looking for a creative team player who is interested in working in a social entrepreneurial firm operating in the intersection of international trade and sustainable business growth in emerging economies. Are you interested in strategic trade analysis? Working with emerging economies to grow and diversify their exports? Advocating on the Hill or within the Administration? If so, keep reading!
Do you have strong analytical and research skills with experience in trade data, tariff information, and U.S. regulatory environment? Would you describe yourself as a creative self-starter and team player who learns quickly, is comfortable working on new issues, delivers accurate work within deadlines, and can reliably file date-specific required paperwork?
If so, we would very much like to hear from you by Wednesday, September 17. Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com (No calls, please.)
Here’s the full job announcement:
Immediate Opening for Trade Analyst: Indications of Interest due September 17, 2014
Sandler Trade LLC seeks a full-time trade analyst with a solid trade background and excellent investigative, writing, and editing skills. The analyst works collaboratively within the firm’s team to assist embassies, businesses, and producer groups to expand exports to the United States through regulatory compliance, trade promotion, export expansion investigation, and Congressional and Administration advocacy.
Key Position Responsibilities
• Conducts trade analyses and prepares project strategies that support the firm’s projects to make international trade really happen.
• Administers advocacy efforts with Congress and Administration including preparing written materials; scheduling meetings; liaising with staff, think tanks, and others; and monitoring trade policy news.
• Prepares reports, presentations, and petitions for clients, prospects, and conferences.
• Files mandated paperwork, writes progress reports, and otherwise assists the Chief Executive Officer.
• Identifies opportunities and develops project proposals.
Required Experience and Interests
• Desire to work with a social entrepreneurial firm operating in the intersection of international trade and sustainable business growth in developing economies.
• Strong analytical and research skills with experience in trade data, tariff information, and U.S. regulatory environment.
• Creative self-starter and team player who learns quickly, is comfortable working on new issues, delivers accurate work within deadlines, and can reliably file date-specific required paperwork.
• Excellent writing and editing skills that result in high-quality, concise, and accurate pieces.
• Bachelor’s degree with focus on international trade, business, economic development, or related field.
• Excellent command of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• International experience and/or background.
Preferred Experience and Background
• Graduate degree in international trade, business, economic development, or related field.
• Direct international trade, business, econ. development, or logistics experience with emerging markets.
• Previous work with USTR, Customs, USDA, FDA, TDA, Commerce, USAID, or Ex-Im Bank.
• Professional editing, proposal writing, and/or advanced Excel experience.
Sandler Trade LLC is a consulting firm whose goal is to make international trade really happen – especially with emerging economies. The firm’s website is http://sandlertrade.com.
Provide resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wed, Sept 17. No calls, please.